Senior Vice President | DRE #01921212
Stephen has been a professional in the real estate industry for approximately 10 years. He began his career as a real estate transactional attorney specializing in commercial real estate transactions at large international law firms including the largest law firm in the world, DLA Piper and Seyfarth Shaw, another AmLaw 100 firm where he assisted in closing real estate transactions for large institutional lenders and large private equity funds. As a broker associate at BRC Advisors – BH, Inc., Stephen serves his clients by combining his ability to view real estate transactions from a very detail oriented, technical, and institutional perspective with practical and efficient solutions. Stephen’s clients include individuals, small businesses, and large institutions. He is capable of serving clients across residential, commercial and investment real estate markets, and has worked on the closing of real estate transactions across all product types (office, retail, industrial, multifamily and residential) ranging from $300,000 to over $150,000,000.
Stephen’s extensive background in the areas identified below allows him to assist clients in a manner that few other real estate agents can.
- Purchases; Sales; Leasing. Acquisitions, dispositions and leasing of the following property types:
- General and Specialty Retail
- Residential & Residential Income
- Industrial Properties
- Office and Medical Properties
- Due Diligence. Compiling and reviewing diligence for real estate transactions, including leases, rent rolls, entity financial documents, title and survey, and zoning and other reports.
- Contract Expertise. Interpreting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements and lease documentation.
- Real Estate Financing. Securing finance partners and reviewing and negotiating loan documentation; reviewing due diligence.
- Real Estate Closing Services. Preparing closing documents and coordinating the closing of transactions, including, transfer documentation, settlement statements, collecting signatures, and coordinating funds.
- Development: Land use, development, redevelopment and build-to-suit projects.
- Asset and Property Management. Value enhancement and preservation, short-term and long-term investment, divestment and wealth-building strategy.
- Distressed Assets Service. Value assessment and preservation, loss mitigation, turn-around and exit strategy, loan workout and debt restructuring.
- Business and Investor Advisory Service. Solution-oriented advisory services to individuals and institutions.
- Vanderbilt University Law School (Juris Doctorate, 2006)
- State University of New York, Stony Brook (B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude, 2001)
- Licensed to practice law in California, New York, and Arizona
- California Licensed Real Estate Broker
- NAIOP (formerly known as National Association for Industrial and Office Parks) SoCal - Member
- NAIOP SoCal Young Professionals Group – Member, 2010-2011 Capstone Cup Winner
- Asian American Real Estate Association of America Los Angeles (“AREAA”), Greater Los Angeles Chapter – Board of Director
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles County – Member
- AREAA, Greater Los Angeles Chapter – Pro Bono Legal Counsel
- AREAA, Southern California Tri County Chapter – Pro Bono Legal Counsel
- Habitat for Humanity
In addition to Stephen’s passion for real estate, he also enjoys rock climbing, hiking, traveling, racing cars, playing softball, watching movies, and improving his Mandarin Chinese.